Skip to main content

Incorporation Lawyer Service

Incorporation Lawyer

Incorporation of a Business

At SLC Law, our corporate lawyer and incorporation lawyer provides a wide-range of business law services for companies, including incorporation of a business. Choosing the right business vehicle is an important step to take when starting a business.

Incorporate and Organize A Corporation

Contact our corporate lawyer and business lawyer today to discuss how to incorporate and organize your company. Our business lawyer and incorporation lawyer assists individuals who would like to incorporate a business across the Greater Toronto Area, including Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Milton, Burlington, Newmarket, Vaughan, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Hamilton, Vaughan and North York. Our law firm offers a no-obligation consultation, and you will speak directly with a business lawyer who can lead you in the appropriate direction for incorporating your company today. We offer business solutions and services to small businesses that are family run, medium sized businesses, to large scale companies with high end revenues.

We strongly believe that your business lawyer should provide legal advice that will assist you with all aspects of corporate and commercial legal matters, and ensure the client's best interests are at the forefront.

Our corporate lawyer provides the following services:

  • Incorporations of a business
  • Shareholder Agreements
  • Partnership Agreements
  • Contract Drafting & Negotiations
  • Commercial Leases
  • Asset Purchase Agreements
  • Share Purchase Agreements
  • Distribution and License Agreements
  • Letter of Intent
  • Amalgamations
  • Non-Competition Agreements
  • Professional Corporation Incorporations
  • Minute Book Creation and Maintenance

Benefits of Incorporation in Ontario and Canada

Incorporation provides protection through the separation of your personal liability from company's liability, in most circumstances. If you choose to incorporate your business, it is important to ensure that your constating documents and organizing materials are in order. Our business lawyers can assist with the incorporation of a business, whether it is a startup company, professional corporation, or other business ventures.

How to Incorporate a Company?

For a corporation to be properly constituted and in compliance with the law, a corporation usually should be incorporated and organized. A corporation should have the following documents upon inception:

  • Articles of Incorporation.
  • By-Laws
  • Organizing Materials.

The organizing materials consist of various documents that are generally required by the governing statute (usually the Business Corporations Ac (Ontario) and the Canada Business Corporations Act) of most corporations. The above-mentioned documents are usually maintained in the corporation's minute book.

What is a Minute Book?

A minute book is a record book of a corporation, business corporation, partnership, or other business entity that holds the corporation's legal records, whether required by law or as a result of corporate governance. Every corporation or other business entity in Ontario or Canada should have a physical minute book or an electronic minute book.

You can review more about minute books here.

Do Securities Laws Apply?

There are also various securities requirements to consider when starting a business in Ontario and Canada, and it is extremely important to ensure that your business is not breaching such requirements.

Incorporating a Professional Corporation

A Professional Corporation Incorporation is an incorporation of a business relating to the practise of a professional regulated by a governing body. Essentially, it is a professional corporation providing professional services where a member of a profession is governed by a body, such as a dentist, accountant, lawyer, doctor, or veterinarian. If you would like to discuss incorporation of a professional corporation, please contact our business lawyer today.

Contact SLC Law to speak to a business lawyer

Speak to a business lawyer